cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not find required column: sku

SOLVED

Can not find required column: sku

Hi

Ive seen 2 other topics on the subject but cannot seem to find the solution.

my predecessor uploaded special prices for sales period instead of creating a catalog rule which means the new pricing has been set at sku level.

I wanted to delete the special pricing as the sales period is over but my file keeps getting rejected because of "Can not find required column: sku". I have read several threads and tried everything: encoding UTF-8, additional attributes, replaced special prices to NULL etc.

I even tried using a file that has been accepted in the past and replacing its value but noting is working.

Info: We are using Asynchrone for imports and exports as we don't have access to the admin import/export via our developper agency.

I would be grateful for any help in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Marion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can not find required column: sku

@mctops

Unfortunately, unless anyone else has any ideas, you might have to do it manually. The easy way to do this (at least in magento) is to select all of the items, under actions choose update attributes, and change the "special price to date" to a date in the past. This should, in theory, fix your problem of the items being on sale.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey @mctops

Just based on what I read it sounds like the person that put the special pricing on the items didn't set a to/from date which would have canceled the special pricing once that to date had been reached. The easiest way to override them, that I can think of, is to go to the items in question either on your POS system and setting the special price there to be the same as the normal price or going into the magento admin, going to the product(s) and eliminating the special price there.

Beyond that it sounds like you aren't including the SKU column in the import. It is case sensitive when it comes to this sort of stuff. Though it is strange that a file accepted in the past wouldn't be accepted now.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to answer me!

She did set a to date but it is the wrong one which is why I need to amend it. 

I did indeed add the sku column but for some reason Magento is not "seeing it" (I tried different case just in case but indeed, despite reusing a previously accepted file, it still gives me an error). 

I would do it manually if it didn't involve over 250 products... I am a bit stuck I must say.

@mctops

Unfortunately, unless anyone else has any ideas, you might have to do it manually. The easy way to do this (at least in magento) is to select all of the items, under actions choose update attributes, and change the "special price to date" to a date in the past. This should, in theory, fix your problem of the items being on sale.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help, this indeed works. 

Thank you so much

Marion

Glad to hear it and that I could be of assistance Smiley Happy