cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Magento Connect Manager

SOLVED

Can't Access Magento Connect Manager

I am trying to access the Magento Connect Manager and I can't get to it. I keep getting this: "Access is locked. Please try again in a few minutes." 

I was trying to see if there was an update to the POSIM Evo Linker because it isn't linking the items to Magento.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Access Magento Connect Manager

Starting from Magento 1.9.3, there is new functionality introduced to prevent bruteforce attacks. If you go to your var directory, you'll notice var/brute-force.ini. 

Modify brute-force-bad-attempts-count value to 0, and you should be able to log in again. Also, it will probably reset by itself after lock time passes.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Update: Still can't get to the connect manager but that wasn't the cause of the failing linker.

Starting from Magento 1.9.3, there is new functionality introduced to prevent bruteforce attacks. If you go to your var directory, you'll notice var/brute-force.ini. 

Modify brute-force-bad-attempts-count value to 0, and you should be able to log in again. Also, it will probably reset by itself after lock time passes.

If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Yeah I guess the lock time expired, I was able to get into it this morning.

Great. I thought that it probably now works for you, because you've posted question yesterday.

How do you find and access the Var Directory? I am a beginner at magento!

Did you ever get an answer?  I am in the same boat!

Find the following file:

/var/brute-force.ini

Change the following two first lines to:

brute-force-bad-attempts-count = 0
brute-force-diff-time-to-attempt = 180

Remove the rest of the lines in the file. Save.

You should now be able to log back in.

Thank you, but where do we start to look for the var directory please? Total newbie here Smiley Sad

The var folder is in the same directory as the rest of your Magento files & folders. You should have app, js, lib, skin, media, var and a few others.