cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Price Rules

SOLVED

Catalog Price Rules

Hello,

I am trying to set up a catalog price rule that would give a discount to a certain category of products within a price range. Is this possible? Say i'm selling computers, I know I can give 50% off laptops using catalog price rules and a user will see that while browsing. Am I able to give 50% off laptops which have a price between $800-$1000? If not, is there any extensions that can help with this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Catalog Price Rules

Hi @nickwatkins,

You can do that by using Magento and you don't need any additional extension.

In order you need to add a new catalog price rule with the following conditions:

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 9.51.52 PM.png

The category with the ID 9 is just an example, you can filter your catalog using several conditions to get just the laptops.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @nickwatkins,

You can do that by using Magento and you don't need any additional extension.

In order you need to add a new catalog price rule with the following conditions:

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 9.51.52 PM.png

The category with the ID 9 is just an example, you can filter your catalog using several conditions to get just the laptops.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Ahh, thank you Gabriel!! I thought it should be this simple but found out my issue shortly after. I did not have my price attribute set as available to use in promotions. Once I added this attribute to be allowed to use in promotions, in then showed up in the drop down menu where it had not before. All things going smoothly now!

I appreciate it.

Good afternoon !

How do I keep an active rule for years?

I get to create the Price Rule,
I apply and it works, but after a
few days it does not apply anymore
and I need to log in to the admin and
apply again.

Magento 1.8.1