cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog search not finding anything

Catalog search not finding anything

Have had an issue with a site running CE 1.7.0.2 where the front end search suddenly stops working - any search returns nothing at all, even though it worked the previous day!

I found a fix - in Admin, I had to select all the products, go to Actions->Update Attributes then in the Websites tab add them all to the Main Website (the only one listed) and save - this site has not ever had any additional sites added and the Websites tab does not show when you edit a product.

Does anyone know why this would suddenly happen to a site that has been working fine for over a year?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Catalog search not finding anything

Hello, 

When this happens, have you tried re-indexing before doing anything else?

In Sysyem > Index Management

Rebecca Troth

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Follow me on twitter:@RebeccaBrocton | wearejh.com

Cheers Rebecca - tried that but reindexing doesn't fix it.

It hasn't happened for a while, so, I'm hoping it's fixed!

Hi @batting46,

Hopefully! If it does, feel free to update this post with the details. 

Rebecca Troth

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Follow me on twitter:@RebeccaBrocton | wearejh.com

I got the same problem. Running version 1.9.1 and from one day to the next, search returns no result. I did an reindex of Catalog Search Index, which did not helped. Using the same fix as batting46 (Updating attribute -> Website) helped.

I also found that if I created an database backup (from Admin) something was not right with that. It was smaller in size and I got en error when trying to import  into a local backup site. Not sure these two things are connected - but I guess they are.

Have someone found a better solution then updating every product?

Best, Magnus