Hello,

i have the following problem:

My category structure is:

Default Category

- Reithosen

- Stiefel

- Herrenbekleidung

.... and many more

Now i have a lot of Categories on my Startpage (http://www.pot-planet.de)

I want to add just 5 or 6 Categories and order the other categories as subcategories.

Now when i add a new categorie (Reiter) and add the category "Stiefel" to that category on my startpage is a drop down visible.

Now my structure is like this:

Default category

- Reiter

-Stiefel

But when i now open the link "Stiefel" in my dropdown menu there come a message: There are no products matching the selection.

When i now go into a product from the category "Stiefel" and open the Tab "categories" i see that "Default Category" and "Reiter" are not checked. So i must manually make a check mark and save it. Now i find the product. 

But i cant do that with all products thats to much work. I have 870 Products... 

Know anyone what i can do that magento know that the Main Category must be checked too?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Categroies Move

Here is how you can assign multiple products to a category and merge with the existing products.

The example is for one category but you can turn it into a loop to make it work for more.

$categoryId = 6;
$category = Mage::getModel('catalog/category')->setStoreId(Mage_Core_Model_App::ADMIN_STORE_ID)->load($categoryId);
//get the current products
$products = $category->getProductsPosition();
//now attach the other products.
$newProductIds = array(1,2,3,4,5);
foreach ($newProductIds as $id){
	$products[$id] = 1;//you can put any other position number instead of 1.
}
//attach all the products to the category
$category->setPostedProducts($products);
//save the category.
$category->save();

If you want an even faster way of doing it you can do direct inserts in the table catalog_category_product.

Just make sure you reindex when you are done.

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It's kind of hard to understand what's your problem, but I guess it has something to do with categories not displaying products of subcategories. To achieve it use "Is Anchor" functionality under category Display Settings tab.

Tanel Raja

Here is how you can assign multiple products to a category and merge with the existing products.

The example is for one category but you can turn it into a loop to make it work for more.

$categoryId = 6;
$category = Mage::getModel('catalog/category')->setStoreId(Mage_Core_Model_App::ADMIN_STORE_ID)->load($categoryId);
//get the current products
$products = $category->getProductsPosition();
//now attach the other products.
$newProductIds = array(1,2,3,4,5);
foreach ($newProductIds as $id){
	$products[$id] = 1;//you can put any other position number instead of 1.
}
//attach all the products to the category
$category->setPostedProducts($products);
//save the category.
$category->save();

If you want an even faster way of doing it you can do direct inserts in the table catalog_category_product.

Just make sure you reindex when you are done.

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

ty nice solution