cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product Stock Level is zero but some simple products have stock?

Configurable Product Stock Level is zero but some simple products have stock?

Hi

I have some configurable products that show out of stock on the front end even though some of its simple products do have stock. This has happened multiple times.

Is this a design feature or a bug?

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Configurable Product Stock Level is zero but some simple products have stock?

Hi,

The configurable product itself needs to be marked as 'in stock' in the inventory tab.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Re: Configurable Product Stock Level is zero but some simple products have stock?

Hi

Thanks for the tip. It worked.

What happens if the stock automatically goes to 0 for all the simple products under the configurable. Will it change it automatically back to "Out Of Stock" ? If I then have new stock and import the new stock levels, will it then automatically switch back to "In Stock" because at least 1 item in the simple products does have stock?

I have nealy 3,000 products so it will be hard to manually intervene like this every time I refresh the stock levels.

Thanks

Patrick

Hi,

There is an excellent thread here that describes the issue's you are facing. There is also a CRON there that can run periodically and correct all your configurable stock levels accordingly.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner