cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product - Two Options - Both Not Required

Configurable Product - Two Options - Both Not Required

As title I am trying to create a product on Magento with two configurable options, however both don't need to be selected. So:

If one is not required by the customer how can I get them to select "None" for either of the options? This should be set as default on the page.

Currently following this:

http://www.customerparadigm.com/magento-tutorial-building-products-in-magento-with-multiple-options/

However does give me the "None" option.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Configurable Product - Two Options - Both Not Required

Hello

If you are using Magento configurable products, the drop-downs are required and the buyer will not be able to add product to cart unless he/she selects needed combination from the drop-downs.

If you want to make the selection non-obligatory, you can try simple products with custom options. Though, using them you will not be able to track the inventory for variations.

Here is the article  with comparison - Simple Products with Custom Options VS Configurable Products

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.