cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron.php Not being called - Permission problem

Cron.php Not being called - Permission problem

Yes I know another Cron problem with version 1.9, but I honestly have looked through so many posts here and on stack.esxchange and I have gotten nowhere.

So I have gone into my Cpanel (Magento 1.9.2.2) and have tried several different cron job calls.  like

• /usr/bin/php -f /home/exmaple/public_html/cron.php
  • php -f /home/example/public_html/cron.php
  •  /bin/sh /home/example/public_html/cron.sh

I also have the AOE plugin installed. I have generated a schedule in the plugin and also went in my phpmyadmin and the cron table has a list of jobs that are "pending"

For the longest time it said no heart beat until I disables the htaccess file in the root directory where my magento store  is installed.  From there I can type in the url/cron.php and it will show a blank page but I begin to receive emails and when i refresh AOE it shows the cron jobs processed.  The cron.php and sh files are set to 744.  If I disable htaccess and manually access the php file...it works and that is as close as I have gotten to getting the system to function.  When I bring back the htaccess file i get the 404 default magento screen and nothing gets processed.  I'm not sure how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cron.php Not being called - Permission problem

/bin/sh /home/example/public_html/cron.sh is the only cron job you have to run. 

Classic Magento crontab line looks something like this:

*/5 * * * * /bin/sh /[magento_path]/cron.sh

*/5 * * * * pattern means: run cron.sh after every five minutes. What's yours?

Tanel Raja

That's exactly what I have but I'm calling the cron.php

You should call cron.sh as it's called from cron.php anyway (even though there are exceptions, such as store running on Windows stack).

Tanel Raja

Thanks. I already tried calling the shots file with the above code before switching to php and it still shows nothing being processed. I have a list of job in the cron schedule table of my phpmyadmin showing pending...