Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display all products in one page

SOLVED

Display all products in one page

Hi everyone

I have a magento 1.9 website.

My problem is that some products doesn't have description and some others do have one. But i have no list of these description less products.

I am looking for a simple solution in order to list these products and then fill in the blank descriptions.

> I thought about a database and sql coding solution but it seems too conmplicated to me

> I thought to a magento based solution: i display all my products in a page, and i can notice the products without description.

But i don't found out how to display all my products (up to 350) with their descriptions. With a widget maybe?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards

Miran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Display all products in one page

That code needs to be used, at least, as a Magento shell class or a PHP with access to the god class Mage.php.

But if you aren't familiar with Magento code maybe you can try one of this modules:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @lemiran,

If you can try some code maybe this will help you:

$collection = Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->getCollection()->addFieldToFilter('description', array('null' => true);
foreach ($collection as $product) {
    echo $product->getId() . PHP_EOL;
}

Another option is to get some of the modules that allows you to change/configure which columns are showed at the admin grid, add the description and then sort by that column.

Hi @Damian Culotta

Thank you very very much for your great help!

1- How could i use your code? in the content zone of a page?

2- It sounds good to use a module in order to show what i want in the admin. Do you know one?

That code needs to be used, at least, as a Magento shell class or a PHP with access to the god class Mage.php.

But if you aren't familiar with Magento code maybe you can try one of this modules:

You're right i will try the extensions because not really easy to manipulate the code.

Thank you very much anyway and have a nice day!

Miran

You can find the answer after watching this video, that is a tutorial detail about How to display all products on one page in Magento 2.

The video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yijcd9QgIJ0

Also, you can get the source codes of this tutorial at the github: https://github.com/php-cuong/magento2-one-page-products

I hope it will save your time.

Hi @PHPCuong,

Question was about Magento 1, not Magento 2.

Have you a solution you can share for Magento 1?