cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Quantities In Catalog View?

Displaying Quantities In Catalog View?

Hey guys,

I thought this would be a simple configuration setting, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Either I'm not looking in the right place, or there's more to it than I thought.

Right now, what we see when we go to the product catalog and select a category is something like this:

We have the Cart2Quote extensions installed so that if we don't have a price specified (as happens sometimes for the more rare stuff we don't keep in stock), it hides the "add to cart" button and instead has an "add to quote."

You can see "add to cart" on the second row, however.  The tiered prices do show up the way we want, and you can add them to your cart right there... but one crucial piece of information is missing - how many we have in stock! We don't want someone to try to order 500 of them if we only have 10.

If you click on one of those products, you get the detail page, and it looks like this:

Now, this might be a bad example since we have price tiers up to 1000 and we only have 6 left in stock - I'm just the IT guy and not in charge of inventory!

Anyway,

Is there a way we can get that "6 left in stock" to display on the catalog/thumbnail view?  A lot of our customers know what they want and don't need to click on an item to view its info first, so this is pretty crucial.

Also, a bit of a side thing... it always says "Only ___ left", even if we have 20,000 of them.  It will literally say "Only 20,000 left in stock"

I believe this has something to do with how we got that display there in the first place - I know Magento, out of the box, will display the quantities if it's "low stock", so we just changed the "low stock" quantities so it will always display that.

However... is there a way I can change that wording? We don't need the word "Only" in there, really.

Is there some extension that will do both of these easily? Or is it just a simple configuration change to show the quantities? The top priority is getting the inventory to display in the catalog view, so no worries if you can't help me with the second part.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Displaying Quantities In Catalog View?

Hello @MDCMagento

You can try Custom Stock Status extension. On the one hand, it lets show stock statuses on category pages (as well as shopping cart, etc.); on the other hand, you can create quantity based statuses with any text you want,  i.e. you don't need to use "Only" if you have enough items in stock.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi Amasty,

Not a bad idea - we're using your Custom Options extension for products already, so I know you make quality products Smiley Happy

Is there a way we can try it out before we buy, though? I just want to make sure it will do what we need before we spend $300 on it (since we're using Enterprise version).

@MDCMagento

Thanks for using our extension!

You can check the demos on the Custom Stock Status page before buying the module to make sure it meets your requirements.

Moreover, we have a 30-day moneyback guarantee, so in case the extension doesn't suit you, you can get a full refund.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!