cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding Certain Reduced Items from Sales Category

Excluding Certain Reduced Items from Sales Category

Hi

Whenever we apply a 'sale price' to any product it is automatically added to the 'sale category.'

However, there are certain products in our catalogue with very small price reductions, that we want to exclude from being automatically added to the sale category.

Is the above possible?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Excluding Certain Reduced Items from Sales Category

Describe how did you set up such functionality (make screenshot of configuration details), and then I can help you to achieve what you want. At the moment, I can only guess how it works at the moment on your side.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Hi Sinisa

Apologies for the delay in replying. It's very simple, under product information we simply enter a numeric value into 'sale price' for the product, and then the product is automatically displayed in the 'sale' category (dynamic category.)

If the 'sale price' is removed from the product, then it is automatically removed from the 'sale category.'

The above is all I know about the process.

Thanks.

Here is a screenshot, of what I am describing.Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 12.00.46.png

Hi

Are you using an extension for "sale" price ?

It's normally labelled "special price".

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2

Hi Benabee

I'm not 100% sure if this field is generated by an extension. I never built the site, and it's literally packed with extensions. 

Is there any easy way of working out if this 'sale price' field is generated by an extension?

Thanks.

You must have a extension for "sale" price that adds products automatically to the 'sale category.' whenever you apply a 'sale price'. It's not a standard Magento behaviour.

There's no easy way to do what you want if the extension developer didn't build this functionality. You must modify a php file in the extension to exclude products with very small price reductions.

You could hire someone or contact the extension developer if you can't do it yourself.

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2

Here are the main features of this module-:

• The extension automatically assigns products to sales/offers category as soon as any product is set up for sale using special price.
  • The extension automatically assigns products to sales/offers category from catalog price rules.
  • There is no need to add or remove products manually.
  • Its also provides an option to hide Sales category from the navigation when there is no product with the special price.
  • You can select any level of the category to be your sales category
  • You can also exclude some categories for picking up sale products in sale category. This will be useful if you have the same sale product in multiple categories.

Hope it helps.

<p>Thanks for sharing useful links.</p>