cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flushed the cache and it brought my (test) site down

SOLVED

Re: Flushed the cache and it brought my (test) site down

Oh thank you everyone. I found the locations of the 127.0.0.1 in the core_config_data as suggested above and also in the slider table (manually), then I added the SQL suggested below and it confirmed that I had replaced all the errant URLs. It wasnt working and that is because of the trailing "/" not added. So I added it and now it's all working and all good again. I can see the theme and the sample data and everything like it was before.

Regarding the 127.0.0.1 - it appears that the theme adds it as the secure and unsecure base URL - I had inadvertently added the theme template to the directory (thinking it would help) and that's why it failed. Grrr! The theme also had the theme creator as the admin user - but I changed that to me as well and I logged in and now all good!

Thank you all so much for your help - it is so much appreciated!

@Rich Cleverley wrote:

The rows in core_config_data that you are most likely to need to change can be found with the following sql

select * from core_config_data where path like '%base_url%';

I just have to say that the theme documentation is very inadequte - it doesnt anywhere tell you to change the admin_user table details with your own (it assumes you would know this and so many people buying these themes would not) and it even has older screenshots, so a lot of it is really no use for newbies, especially the installation parts. But I guess you get what you pay for...

Anyway, many thanks again Smiley Happy

Happy to hear that this is now resolved! Smiley Happy

May I know what theme are you using? This is so that if other users face the same problem with the same theme, they can use this topic as a guide. 

Sure - it's Ma Erida Magento theme from ThemeForest by Plaza Themes.. It only has about 139 sales. It's essentially a good theme (it's responsive, has a lot of features), but you really need to know more about SQL queries, databases and table structures, as well as Magento than I knew initially (I know a little bit more now thanks to you nice people that helped me Smiley Happy ), so it would be helpful to have that information on the theme documentation.

I think all of these ThemeForest theme authors assume a level of knowledge that may or may not be there (not just for Magento). ThemeForest does offer installation for a fee, but you dont learn anything if you get it installed by one of their experts, as they dont provide any information about what was done, just that it was done.

@JLHC wrote:

Happy to hear that this is now resolved! Smiley Happy

May I know what theme are you using? This is so that if other users face the same problem with the same theme, they can use this topic as a guide.