cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics integration with Magento

Google Analytics integration with Magento

Is it possible to connect two separate Google analytics accounts to the Magento API? we have two people who need to have access to the Google analytics transaction data but they need to have separate accounts. 

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Google Analytics integration with Magento

Hi @hbernho

Actually there is no need to use different GA codes for that, if I understand you correctly.

It's possible to have 2 separate Google accounts and have an access to Google Analytics with the same tracking code. the Admin user just needs to add other users by email.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi @Amasty,

I know that we can set up two users on the same analytics for the same account but we need to have our Magento account connected to two separate GA accounts. Do you know if this is possible? The Google analytics API under the configuration tab only gives me space for one GA code.

Thanks 

Hello @hbernho

Another option is to hard code one more GA tracking code.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hi @Amasty

That's what I assumed was the solution. I know how to set up the standard code and put it on all the pages but I am not sure how to set up the dynamic value tracking. From what I understand I need to change the "value" code of the analytics snippet but I cant find a document anywhere that explains what i need to change it to. Do you know how i can set this up?

Hi,

I added google analytics to my Magento 1.9, but I couldn't unable to track eCommerce data in the google analytics, checked all the settings in admin panel,

For reference i am attaching my website link here Eleczo

Google Analytics (GA) is the most widely-used web analytics service on the internet. Implementing GA on your website allows you to track how visitors use your site, what content is attractive, where visitors exit, and more. Analyzing these metrics in Magento BI, alongside other pieces of data, will improve your site's overall health and usability.

Let's get started by entering our GA credentials into Magento BI:

Go to the Manage Data > Integrations page.
Click the Add Integration button, located on the right side of the screen.
Click the Google Analytics icon. This will open the Google Analytics credentials page.
Enter your GA credentials. Upon completion of the authorization process, you will be redirected back to Magento BI.
A list of profile IDs will display. Check the profiles you want to connect to Magento BI. If you have multiple profiles and need some help identifying which is which, refer to the Connecting Multiple GA profiles section below.

Changes are saved automatically, so click the Back to Connections button when you're done.
Connecting multiple Google Analytics profiles
You may have multiple websites connected to a single Google Analytics account, identified by their own GA profile ID. In this case, you will have the option of including all your profile IDs in Magento BI. Just check the profile IDs you'd like to include during the profile selection step.

To identify a particular website's Google Analytics Profile ID:

Go to the particular website's GA dashboard
Look at the URL - the Profile ID corresponds to the 8 numbers following "p" at the end of the line:

Disconnecting Google Analytics from Magento BI
Visit your Google account settings page.
Under the Security section, and click the 'edit' link next to Authorizing applications and sites.
Click the 'revoke access' link next to Magento BI.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Integrating Google Analytics with Magento can provide you with valuable insights into your website's performance and user behavior. Here are the steps to integrate Google Analytics with Magento:

1. Create a Google Analytics account if you don't already have one.
  2. In Magento, go to the Admin panel and navigate to System > Configuration > Sales > Google API.
  3. Click on the Google Analytics tab and enter your Google Analytics account ID.
  4. Set the Analytics Type to Universal Analytics.
  5. Save the changes and clear the cache.

Once you have completed these steps, Google Analytics will start tracking your Magento store's performance. You can also check this site for your knowledge and give me suggestions that what type of bloging is nessary to run a magento store You will be able to view metrics such as pageviews, bounce rates, and conversion rates, as well as other valuable insights such as user demographics and behavior flow. With this data, you can optimize your website and marketing strategies to improve your business's performance.