cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on creating a configurable product with different attributes

SOLVED

Help on creating a configurable product with different attributes

Hello,

I would need some opinions/help from more experienced magento users.

My problem is the following:

- I need to create a product (example):

"Men Jacket" that is available in 5 colors (red, black, green, yellow, orange), however, every color variation of this product is available in different sizes...

So i final product should be something like this.

-- Men Jacket | color: red | size: 24
-- Men Jacket | color: red | size: 25

etc. you get the point.

I know i can add 2 attributes (color & size) to my attributes set, and then create a configurable product which then will i associate with many single products (with size and color selected), but that seems like a lot of manual work, for 20 products i have to manualy create like 200 products.

What's your opinion on this, is there a faster way i can achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help on creating a configurable product with different attributes

You will need to create a simple product for each unique stock unit so that you can track stock. This will work out to be the number of sizes multiplied by the number of colours (assuming all colours are available in all sizes).

If you have a configurable product, magento can help you create multiple single products relatively quickly copying data from the configurable products. Details on this page http://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-configurable.html under the "Quick Simple Product Creation" section. 

Hope that helps.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Help on creating a configurable product with different attributes

You will need to create a simple product for each unique stock unit so that you can track stock. This will work out to be the number of sizes multiplied by the number of colours (assuming all colours are available in all sizes).

If you have a configurable product, magento can help you create multiple single products relatively quickly copying data from the configurable products. Details on this page http://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-configurable.html under the "Quick Simple Product Creation" section. 

Hope that helps.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!