cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give positioning to any category's product?

How to give positioning to any category's product?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can give position to any category product through import.CSV & what should be the column name, please check the following screenshot for your reference. Thanks in advance.

magento.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to give positioning to any category's product?

As far as I know, there is no default way to do this via Import/Export. You can do it manually for each category going to

Catalog -> Categories -> Manage categories -> Category products - position  from to.

In case you have some tech knowledge, you can use use script to perform it.

If you consider extension, you can try Store Manager for Magento app to bulk set positions of products in category via import. You need 3 columns: SKU, category path and position. Here is tutorial of how it works - 

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/sort-magento-products-within-a-category/

The app is paid, but if the task is one-time procedure you can use 2-week free version from the link in my signature (no cc or paypal required).

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.