cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make one product with many variants with individual sku and MPN

SOLVED

How to make one product with many variants with individual sku and MPN

I would like to import a lot of products from my distributor.
There are lot of items with numerous variant but every variants have with individual SKU and Manufacturer Product Number.
What is the solution for my problem? How should I list them?

List as simple products all variants or as configurable products?
I show you some similar sites what I want to make with my shop.

You can see Datalogic PM9300 but there are numerous variant. Not only color or size but also a lot of parameters, price, etc.)

https://www.barcodesinc.com/datalogic/pm9300.htm (you can see Datalogic PM9300

https://www.thebarcodewarehouse.co.uk/barcode-scanners-and-readers/wireless-barcode-scanners/datalog...

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to make one product with many variants with individual sku and MPN

Hi, to import all of these SKUs in to Magento, these products will first need to created as simple products. This will allow you to track stock of each one. 

In terms of display, if there's no need to have a product page for each SKU and you would like the products to be displayed like on the sites that you shared. I'd probably look at trying out the grouped products functionality. Creating a group product and associating the simple products you would like in that group. You will need to customised the Magento frontend to include that level of detail on each variant. e.g. product image and description. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Great! Glad to help.

Magento has multiple ways to associate products: Crosssell, upsell and related.  These accessories sound most suitable as related products. You can then customise how these are shown on the product page. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

The only rule for SKUs are that they're unique. After that, it's completely up to you. It's nice to have a recognisable system for them though. 

For example, you may choose to have a SKU prefix that indicates the manufacturer, and then use the manufacturer identifier as the rest of the SKU. That would be a reasonable place to start. 

----

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, to import all of these SKUs in to Magento, these products will first need to created as simple products. This will allow you to track stock of each one. 

In terms of display, if there's no need to have a product page for each SKU and you would like the products to be displayed like on the sites that you shared. I'd probably look at trying out the grouped products functionality. Creating a group product and associating the simple products you would like in that group. You will need to customised the Magento frontend to include that level of detail on each variant. e.g. product image and description. 

----

Hi @Tom Robertshaw

Thank you for your fast respons.
Your solution is very good for me, this is the right way to absolve my task.
What do you think is this method works only manual?
Furthermore, how should I assigned any relevant accessories to these grouped products?

For example:

https://www.thebarcodewarehouse.co.uk/barcode-scanners-and-readers/industrial-handheld-scanners/1911...

Great! Glad to help.

Magento has multiple ways to associate products: Crosssell, upsell and related.  These accessories sound most suitable as related products. You can then customise how these are shown on the product page. 

----

Thank you @Tom Robertshaw

This is a big help for me.

By the way, what do you think how should I create a method for SKU number?

I would like to buy products from numerous distributor but I dont know how to create and what should be SKU numbers?

Do you have any idea?

The only rule for SKUs are that they're unique. After that, it's completely up to you. It's nice to have a recognisable system for them though. 

For example, you may choose to have a SKU prefix that indicates the manufacturer, and then use the manufacturer identifier as the rest of the SKU. That would be a reasonable place to start. 

----

Hi @Tom Robertshaw

Thank you for your help.
Your answers were very helpful.