cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict shipping methods by location/province

How to restrict shipping methods by location/province

Hello!

Does anyone know what the best way to restrict shipping methods by location is?

I'd like for my 'Free Shipping' and 'Express Post' shipping options to only be available for certain Provinces in Canada, but cannot figure out any way to restrict the methods other than by Country.

Basically, if a user chooses Nunavut, Northwest Territories, or Yukon Territory, I'd like the checkout page to only show 'Canada Post Expedited Parcel' as a shipping method.

Thank you for your time,

Jacob

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to restrict shipping methods by location/province

@gaschojacob You can use Shopping cart price rules to restrict shipping methods on some province. From the conditions tab, choose your shipping method first then add regions / province which you want to restrict. 

Cheers

P.S - Required little effort to add province list.

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hello @gaschojacob

There is an option to use a ready-made solution if you don't want to configure everything yourself - https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/shipping-restrictions-by-amasty.html

With this module you can exclude the Territories you've mentioned from free shipping.

Hope it helps!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

@GauravMehta04

Thank you for confirming that, after a bunch of research it seems to be the only reasonable non-extension way to do it.

I've applied a shopping cart price rule to my free shipping now.

Is there a way to apply a Shopping Cart Price Rule to specific shipping methods(other than free shipping)?

I'd like to use Canada Post Express Post, but only seem to be able to specify by country in 'Shipping Methods'

@gaschojacob Well you can apply to mostly all existing shipping methods available default Magento. However Canada Post Express might not allow for this. 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hi,

I want to restrict Free Shipping for certain region based on zip code irrespective of cart total. Can i know the steps to achieve this through Cart Price Rule in Magento2.2.6 version. I followed the below solution and it did not worked. Is there any settings in Action tab to be set. 

thank you

Anil

Hi @gaschojacob,

Default Magento only allows restricting a shipping method by country. You can configure it from the backend. 

To restrict it by postcode, region, or state/province, you have to create a new module. The best way is to get it done via the FMEextensions shipping restrictions module. https://www.fmeextensions.com/magento-2-shipping-method-restrictions.html