cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Connect Manager locked.

Magento Connect Manager locked.

Hi,
I have been trying to access the Magento connect manager for some time but i have not been able to get in.
My log in screen keeps showing that the Access is locked. Please try again in a few minutes.

I have looked through the boards and found 1 post that says to change the brute-force.ini file.
I did this and it let me in for about 2 minutes then booted me out and now is showing that it is locked again and wont let me in.

Going back to the bruye-force.ini file i can see that noting has changed from the time that i edited it.

How can i get on as i need to install some extensions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento Connect Manager locked.

Hi @lewis_john 

Magento plans to close all traffic from older Magento 1 instances via the Magento Connection Manager (MCM) on March 4th, 2019. This domain (connect.magentocommerce.com) is typically used by older M1 instances for extension support. 

Any M1 instance attempting to access the domain will result in a HTTP 404 response. 

Please read Deprecating support for M1 connect.magentocommerce.com

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

I'm not sure what version of Magento 1.x you're on, but keep in mind that there were some deprecations last month:

https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-DevBlog/Deprecating-support-for-M1-connect-magentocommerce-...

Best of luck!

@Robert Rand wrote:

I'm not sure what version of Magento 1.x you're on, but keep in mind that there were some deprecations last month:

https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-DevBlog/Deprecating-support-for-M1-connect-magentocommerce-...

Best of luck!

I'm running Magento 1.9.3

@lewis_john,

You should be able to connect. Starting from Magento 1.9.3, there is new functionality introduced to prevent bruteforce attacks. If you go to your <Magento Root Folder>/var directory, you'll notice brute-force.ini.

Modify brute-force-bad-attempts-count value to 0, and you should be able to log in again. Also, it will probably reset by itself after lock time passes. You can configure the same something like below:

brute-force-bad-attempts-count = 0
brute-force-diff-time-to-attempt = 180

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh wrote:

@lewis_john,

You should be able to connect. Starting from Magento 1.9.3, there is new functionality introduced to prevent bruteforce attacks. If you go to your <Magento Root Folder>/var directory, you'll notice brute-force.ini.

Modify brute-force-bad-attempts-count value to 0, and you should be able to log in again. Also, it will probably reset by itself after lock time passes. You can configure the same something like below:

brute-force-bad-attempts-count = 0
brute-force-diff-time-to-attempt = 180

Hope this will resolve your issue.

I have done this but it logs me out and locks the account again after 60 seconds.
Then i have to go back in to the brute-force.ini and change the value to 0 and the same thing happens.  

@lewis_john  Do you see timeout error in PHP or Web server log? If you do then you can set the php execution time to couple of minute in downloader/index.php to resolve your issue.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.