cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automatically change the 'Weight' in frontend depending on selected attribute?

SOLVED

Is it possible to automatically change the 'Weight' in frontend depending on selected attribute?

We show the weight of our products in the front end. In case of a configurable product, the customer can choose the product in different dimensions. This has an impact on the weight and on the price. I know that it's possible to automatically change the price depending on the selected dimension. But how about the weight? Is that possible too?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to automatically change the 'Weight' in frontend depending on selected attribute?

There is javascript that handles the changing of the price (spConfig is the name of the javascript variable that stores this information if memory serves me well. When wanting other parts of the page to update on option change, you could modify this to include the new information. It might be easier to have a custom JSON blob on the page that maps between options and their weights and then update the page yourself. So it would need to be custom development work I'm afraid.  

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is it possible to automatically change the 'Weight' in frontend depending on selected attribute?

There is javascript that handles the changing of the price (spConfig is the name of the javascript variable that stores this information if memory serves me well. When wanting other parts of the page to update on option change, you could modify this to include the new information. It might be easier to have a custom JSON blob on the page that maps between options and their weights and then update the page yourself. So it would need to be custom development work I'm afraid.  

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!