cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Connect Manager not working when Magento runs on Nginx - used magenx install script

Magento Connect Manager not working when Magento runs on Nginx - used magenx install script

Hello Everyone,

I searched google as well as the boards here, but didn't come up with much. I installed Magento 1.9.1 using the magenx stack script (https://github.com/magenx/MASC-M/tree/master/CentOS-6) on CentOS 6.6 virtual machine for developmental and testing purposes. Everything went pretty smooth. I also applied the two latest patches via command line using sh and that worked well too. The only thing that I can't get to work is the Magento Connect Manager.

Initially when the stack and Magento is installed with the script it deny all on access to different directories inside the nginx magento.conf file. But even when I take the deny all off and replace it with a htpasswd or IP based authentication, and restart nginx, it's not working. Now something else peculiar is happening. When I am logged into the Magento admin console and click on the Magento Connect Manager menu link, it downloads the index.php file inside the "downloader" directory of my Magento intstallation. So that's of course not good at all!

Has anybody else come across this? Is it a configuration issue, or does the Magento Connect Manager simply not work on Nginx server using php-fpm?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento Connect Manager not working when Magento runs on Nginx - used magenx install script

This doesn't sound like it should have anything to do with Connect unless you permissons are set incorrectly. 

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!