cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento error after back up

SOLVED

Magento error after back up

Hi,

So i just did a back up to my website, because i wanted to add a few changes. But now i get an error after finishing the backup. I can't reach my website anymore. I get the error: 

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Does anyone know what i have to do?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento error after back up

You should be able to go to var/report/ folder on the server and find the file with the same ID as mentioned in your browser and find the cause of the error. 

Looking forward, you can move errors/local.xml.template to errors/local.xml and change the settings so that it emails your email address when this kind of error occurs (or prints it out to the browser screen if in development environment).

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento error after back up

You should be able to go to var/report/ folder on the server and find the file with the same ID as mentioned in your browser and find the cause of the error. 

Looking forward, you can move errors/local.xml.template to errors/local.xml and change the settings so that it emails your email address when this kind of error occurs (or prints it out to the browser screen if in development environment).

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!