cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Reviews and Ratings.

SOLVED

Migrating Reviews and Ratings.

How do you migrate product ratings and reviews from one magento site to another?

~B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Migrating Reviews and Ratings.

@BluGallagher

If two sites products are common Or any common fector between two sites products then you can manage it through API. I guess magento not provide API for review and rating but you can create your own API for the same. If you're looking to develop such API feel free to PM me.

Hope it helps you , good luck Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@BluGallagher

If two sites products are common Or any common fector between two sites products then you can manage it through API. I guess magento not provide API for review and rating but you can create your own API for the same. If you're looking to develop such API feel free to PM me.

Hope it helps you , good luck Smiley Happy

-

I'll ask the question differently.

What  do i need to do inorder to migrate reveiws and ratings from one magento site to another magento site? how does the migration get done?

~B.

@BluGallagher

I'd answer the same. Through API you can manage reviews and ratings of one magento site to another magento site. Thing is for any site either Magento or any other need something for mapping and API is one of best way to achieve it. make sense. Cheers Smiley Happy

-

Thank you for your reply.

when the time comes I'll get in conact with you.

~B.

@BluGallagher

No problem, I'm glad you get answer and way... Good luck Smiley Happy

-

You can try Litextension migration tools that allow you to migrate all product ratings and reviews easily.

Wonder if you have found tool to handle the Magento ratings and reviews migration? 

If you plan to find an alternative, our migration tool UB Data Migration (pro version) allows to port product ratings and reviews, as well as newsletter ... to Magento 2. 

Check out this 9-minute video https://youtu.be/Jvr8d3OeB8M to see if UB Data Migration tool will be a good fit for your migration project’s needs. 

--
We have been building for Magento since 2009. See our growing Magento 2 Extensions & Themes collection.

can we migrate reviews from csv file to magento2?