cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple admin Account with different permissions

SOLVED

Multiple admin Account with different permissions

Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible to have different magento admin accounts with different permissions. I would like for instance one admin account for uploading new products, a different account for managing the styles/pages, a different account that can manage the sales dashboard, and a different account to manage customers. Each admin account should be able to access only a subset of magento backend.

Those actions will relly on different people and I would like they can only work on their responsabilities.

I am using magento comunity edition 1.9.1

Regards,

Daniel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Multiple admin Account with different permissions

It is possible to achieve using Permissions functionality available in Magento.

System ->Permissions -> Roles/User 

Create roles for managers and indicate to which sections they will have access. 

Then assign users to roles. Multiple users can be assigned to one role or you can create separate role with separate access permissions for different users. 

-------Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - enhances the functionality of default admin web interface, speeds up inventory management, automates daily tasks.

View solution in original post

Yes you can.

There are two things you need to do.

1. Set up a 'role' in system -> permissions that is tailored towards a particular user. There will be a long list of things you can give access to. You just need to tick each area.

2. Add a user and assign your new role to them. Again, this is in the system -> permissions area.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It is possible to achieve using Permissions functionality available in Magento.

System ->Permissions -> Roles/User 

Create roles for managers and indicate to which sections they will have access. 

Then assign users to roles. Multiple users can be assigned to one role or you can create separate role with separate access permissions for different users. 

-------Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - enhances the functionality of default admin web interface, speeds up inventory management, automates daily tasks.

Yes you can.

There are two things you need to do.

1. Set up a 'role' in system -> permissions that is tailored towards a particular user. There will be a long list of things you can give access to. You just need to tick each area.

2. Add a user and assign your new role to them. Again, this is in the system -> permissions area.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Many thanks! it worked as you told.

Hello 

I created new accounts and am having trouble loggin in.  How can this be fixed?

Re: Multiple admin Account with different permissions (with magento 2)

But is solved for 1 store in structure, now I've got a mutistore and I want to give a backend permission by 1 to 1 at a user (such type store X (user insert only store X ...).