cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Edited Product and Category URLs Don't Reflect at Frontend

SOLVED

My Edited Product and Category URLs Don't Reflect at Frontend

I am having issues with editing my product and category URLs. I decided to correct some erroneous URLs at the backend but the changes do not show at the frontend. At first I was thinking the issue is with the theme, but the theme developer has dismissed that claim. Please can anyone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: My Edited Product and Category URLs Don't Reflect at Frontend

I have finally solved the problem. I had to change the store view to the set default view and the problem was corrected.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

You try to re-index database.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thanks MrKhoa99. I did as you advised but it didn't seem to work out. However, I just discovered something strange. When I check the frontend of my website on my computer and on my android phone, I get different URLs for the same page. The product and categories URLs on my PC are the wrong ones while the ones displaying on my phone are the correct ones.

Also, I successfully opened a page on my computer and then copied the URL directly to my mobile but I got a 404 error. I also successfully opened a page on my phone and copied the URL to my computer but got a 404 error. I used another browser on my computer and I got the same the results. I am not sure if the reindexing I did made the mobile phone display the correct URLs. Please is this kind of problem something you are familiar with? I am new to this and any help will be appreciated. Thanks. 

Hello,

You can give us your website link?

If you have a problem about Cms pages 404 not found on Mobile and PCs, I think the reason for this is that you have two store views: one for PCs display, one for Mobile display, when creating a new Cms page, you didn't select boths of them. Please, check the store views for these Cms pages.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hello,

My website link is www.poultryplaza.com. On the site you can see that the URLs are very different from the product descriptions. I have tried several options and now even the mobile version that was correct is no longer correct. Please have a look and see if you can offer some more help. Thanks.

I have finally solved the problem. I had to change the store view to the set default view and the problem was corrected.