cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My magento 1.9.2.2 website is unable to connect to my database

My magento 1.9.2.2 website is unable to connect to my database

My site is hosted on godaddy server. When I attempted to restore my database to an earlier date, I got a 503 Service Unavailable error shown below.:

ERROR: Unable to connect to database 'my_database_mage1' using 'magento'!

ERROR: Database restore failed!

I got the following error in an email from cron:

Resolving www.my_website.com... 160.135.127.41
Connecting to www.my_website.com|160.135.127.41|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
--2019-12-13 10:15:01--  https://my_website.com/
Resolving my_website.com... 160.135.127.41
Connecting to my_website.com|160.135.127.41|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Unavailable
2019-12-13 10:15:02 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.

I have checked /public_html/app/etc/local.xml to ensure the password, username and database name are correct. I even had to create a new password.

I have made the following changes to cron.php:
$isShellDisabled = true, but to no avail.

Please can someone assist me with this? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: My magento 1.9.2.2 website is unable to connect to my database

@eakenbor can you please let me know whether your website is not connected with database or restoring of database is not working?

Thanks

@rahulGupta thanks for your response. The problem is both. The database restore failed due to a 503 Service Unavailable error and now the site cannot connect to the database due to the same error.

@eakenbor by using the credentials from your local.xml, are you able to access your database ?

Thanks

Thanks @rahul Gupta. There is no interface to login into mysql because I get unfettered access to phpMyAdmin direct from my cpanel. I tried to access the database by clicking on "Manage"  next to my hosting account in my godaddy account, but that failed due to the lack of connection between the site and the database. Or is there any interface you know I can use to connect? However, I am sure the password and username are correct because I had to reset it very carefully.

Has GoDaddy support been able to help you? 

Ideally, if you're on Magento, you should have a web host that can help you diagnose and resolve an issue like this quickly and effectively.

@Robert Rand Godaddy has so far been clueless and in denial about the problem. Initially they claimed it was a Magento problem despite the error being a 503 status which makes it a server error. Now they have said they are looking at it and it has been a week.