cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order email notification not being received - Check if cron is configured correctly.

New order email notification not being received - Check if cron is configured correctly.

I've spent all day (8+ hours) on this and got no where fast.  Smiley Frustrated

Note - I have now got a work around by installing SMTP Pro Email extension where I disabled "Queue Usage" BUT I would like to use the functionality as expected by Magento, hence the question. 

I would like a step-by-step guide on how to check if cron is configured correctly.  Perhaps my programming skills are lacking because despite looking at various links I have not been able to resolve.  The How to Setup a Cron Job  didn't help me because it's not clear where/how I need to change/check settings.

My cpanel/WHM versions,

• CLOUDLINUX 6.6 x86_64 standard
  • WHM 11.48.4 (build 4)

The cron_schedule has entries all in pending status and executed at NULL and finished at NULL.

The core_email_queue is showing new order entries being created but not processed i.e. states NULL

The cron job path is set for evey 5 minutes.....   php /home/mandy/public_html/magento/cron.php > /dev/null

I've also got AOE Scheduler installed, and that states, No heartbeat task found. Check if cron is configured correctly.   Which is what I'm trying to do! Smiley Indifferent

If anybody can enlighten me it would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Re: New order email notification not being received - Check if cron is configured correctly.

You can try to execute from shell access command php cron.php to see if it runs without issues.

With this command you manually launch cron. Also same command is sh cron.sh .

As the result you should see some updates in core_shedule table. If you want you can clean the table and wait when cron will runs ( according your configuration 6-11 mins) and see if it has generated new enries there. If it generated new entriies in the tbaleit means cron works, and you will need to wait when one of scheduled tasks will be executed.