cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login to magento connect manager

SOLVED

Not able to login to magento connect manager

Hello, when I want to login to Magento connect manager through the Magento admin panel I get the following message:

Cannot unpack gzipped data in file contents: '/home/hondensp/public_html/downloader/../downloader/cache.cfg'

Can anyone help me with this issue ?

Best regards,

Sabine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not able to login to magento connect manager

Hi @sabineD,

Personally, I don't recommend installing packages through the Magento Connect manager. You should always review the code before installing what you need to install on the platform.

One way to do this is by copying and pasting the extension key from Magento Connect on this website: http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

By doing that, you will be able to direct download the extension/language pack code and review it. Then you just have to install the extension like any other extension.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @sabineD,

Personally, I don't recommend installing packages through the Magento Connect manager. You should always review the code before installing what you need to install on the platform.

One way to do this is by copying and pasting the extension key from Magento Connect on this website: http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

By doing that, you will be able to direct download the extension/language pack code and review it. Then you just have to install the extension like any other extension.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for the hint. I'll try it trough that way.

Best regards,

Sabine

Hi @sabineD,

Great! If you have any question, just let me know.

Best regards.
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

I followed your steps and pasted the code, downloaded a .tgz file but since this is my 2nd day in Magento I have no idea what to do with it Smiley Sad

Could you please pin point how to install my extension(it's a free language pack) for noobs ? 

Sorry for the idiot question Smiley Sad.

Best regards,

Adrian