cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Order Emails

SOLVED

Not getting Order Emails

Yesterday I updated my system to use PHP7 and Easyapache 4. I am on Magento 1.9.3.7. Today I have received a couple of orders but I am not receiving the emails for the orders when they get placed. Before I would get in my email that someone has placed the order. I am still receiving emails when I mark something as shipped and still receiving emails for when my contact us page is used.

Any ideas as to what could have gone wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not getting Order Emails

I have seen some people fix this type of issue by changing in the app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php on lines ~1356 & ~1450 from 

$mailer->setQueue($emailQueue)->send();

to 

$mailer->send();

Would this work? or would I need to do other things on the file (after copying it to the local)

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @letssewllc,

Did you installed (and tested) this module too: https://github.com/Inchoo/Inchoo_PHP7 ?

@Damian Culotta

I did not, do I need to?

Hi @letssewllc,

By default Magento 1.9.x won't work properly with Php 7.x.

You can use that module to allow Magento 1.9.x to run using PHP 7.0 (only 7.0 is tested... I guess).

Also, that module comes with a cli script to validate your code. At this moment is the way to go with Magento 1.9.x and PHP 7.0.

@Damian Culotta

I ran the test and got the following: 

1: CLI version of PHP is OK: 7.0.26 (Note That CLI and Web Server versions of PHP may differ)

2: Inchoo_PHP7 module is NOT enabled!

How do I go about enabling the module?

@Damian Culotta

Nevermind, I found the enable button. Seems all the tests passed so I will just have to wait for another order to come in to see if it worked. Will let you know. Thank you so much!

@Damian Culotta

It doesn't appear to have worked. I received a couple orders last night but did not get the corresponding emails for them. Is there something I may have missed?

Hi @letssewllc,

Did you checked the cron_schedule and the email_queue tables to see if there is an error there?

@Damian Culotta

I checked my cron.log and the last thing in the file is from November 30th. Not sure where I find the cron_schedule and email_queue tables to check for errors. I think it is in the phpmyadmin but from there i am not sure what to look for exactly.

I have seen some people fix this type of issue by changing in the app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php on lines ~1356 & ~1450 from 

$mailer->setQueue($emailQueue)->send();

to 

$mailer->send();

Would this work? or would I need to do other things on the file (after copying it to the local)