cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products aren't displaying

Products aren't displaying

I'm new to magento so I don't exactly know my way around yet but I've been watching some tutorials and I made a couple of products and categories, I assigned the products to their categories but when I click on the link in the navbar no products show up under that category.

What could I be doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Products aren't displaying

Hi,

There are a few things you need to check

• Product Status is Enabled
  • Visibility is set to Catalog and Search OR Catalog
  • Product is in the category you're looking at
  • If the product has Stock (inventory) enabled it will need to be marked as In Stock and have a stock qty > 0
  • If you have multiple websites created you will need to assign the product to the relavant websites too.

Lastly - you might need to reindex everything for it to show.

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

as far as I can see, all of those conditions are met.

It said nothing needed to be reindexed, but I did it anyway, I do have stock greater than 0, but I've obviously missed something or done something wrong because the products just don't show when I click the category on the navbar.

Hi,

Does the product just not display when accessing it through the Nav Bar? Have you tried going direct to the product.. e.g. if you copy the url key from your product setup and then visit:

http://{yourstore.com}/{urk_key}.html

Does that work?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Also check from Admin Panel -> System -> Manage Stores

Edit Store View

check if Root Category is assigned to your Store.