cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo single product

SOLVED

Promo single product

Hello everyone,

I should set a promotion on magento 1.9 which provides a discount rating only to some of the category. I try to explain myself better.

Category 1 has 100 products and I have to sell for only 70. All the products in the category have the same attributes.

Is there a way or an extension that allows you to choose which products to promote?
Thank you all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Promo single product

Hello da_dim,

Just create your promotion rule and use the sku in this rule instead for the category. You have to select all the product sku's in the promotionrule.
If you can't use the SKU in the promotionrule , go to manage attributes and open the SKU attribute and set the value "Use for promo rule conditions" to yes, now you can use the sku in the promotion rule.
You can also create an extra attribute for all the products, like "Promo" with an dropdown with yes/no and then use this in your promotionrule condition.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello da_dim,

Just create your promotion rule and use the sku in this rule instead for the category. You have to select all the product sku's in the promotionrule.
If you can't use the SKU in the promotionrule , go to manage attributes and open the SKU attribute and set the value "Use for promo rule conditions" to yes, now you can use the sku in the promotion rule.
You can also create an extra attribute for all the products, like "Promo" with an dropdown with yes/no and then use this in your promotionrule condition.

Thanks for the reply. It was what I was looking for!
Yet another question. In the case of configurable products, do I have to select the individual products that make up the configurable product or just select the configurable product?
Thanks again

Use the sku of the configurable product, if the promotion is valid for the whole configurable product, or use the indivdual sku if the promotion is only valid for this sku.