cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing tabs on product page?

Removing tabs on product page?

Hi,

How do I remove this manufacturer tab at the bottom of my product page, so that it just shows the description one?

Screenshot

Cheers,

Max.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Removing tabs on product page?

Hi Max,

Are you using the RWD theme? If so you can edit the catalog.xml file. Around Line 225 you should see this code:

<block type="catalog/product_view_description" name="product.description" as="description" template="catalog/product/view/description.phtml">
<action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action>
<action method="setTitle" translate="value"><value>Description</value></action>
</block>
<block type="catalog/product_view_attributes" name="product.attributes" as="additional" template="catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml">
<action method="addToParentGroup"><group>detailed_info</group></action>
<action method="setTitle" translate="value"><value>Additional Information</value></action>
</block>

Each one of these

<block>

tags add a tab. remove the one you dont want.

You will need to clear your caches afterwards.

Good luck.

Gaz.

If you're happy with this response - please mark it as a solution!
Magento Certified Front-end Developer | www.iweb.co.uk

Hi Gaz, 

Thanks for your response.

I'm using a Porto theme. Is there anyway to remove these tabs in the admin area before going through the code?

Cheers,

Max.

Sorry Max, I am not familiar with the Porto theme. Themes usually have thier own configuration section in the Magento admin. If you go to System > Configuration is there anything in there that helps?

The theme will probably have its own catalog.xml where the tab is added. It could also be in the themes local.xml inside the 

<catalog_product_view>

handle.

Looks like the Porto documentaion is quite comprehensive. Is there anything in there that helps? http://newsmartwave.net/magento/porto/documentation/#customtabconfiguration

Sorry I can't be of more help.

If you're happy with this response - please mark it as a solution!
Magento Certified Front-end Developer | www.iweb.co.uk