cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Products in bulk Magento 1

SOLVED

Selling Products in bulk Magento 1

Hi Magento Experts! 

Struggling a little here to configure a product to be able to be purchased as a single product and as a set of 5 at a discounted price. 

I tried the minimum products in cart, as well as tier pricing and it isn't working.. 

Any assistance would be of great help - we are a B2B business and would like to offer our customers the option to purchase our products as a single product for one price and as a set of 5 for a discounted price. 

Thank you! 

Leya 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling Products in bulk Magento 1

Hi @leya_daccache

Yes , you understood correctly !

That's what i am trying to say - stick with tier pricing for that and it will full-fill your requirement !

Thanks for appreciate my answer , Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @leya_daccache

Well magento have this kind of functionality natively called as - Tier Pricing

using Tier Pricing concept on product form price section - select customer group from there . select quantity and add price which you would like to add !

so if customer purchase that many quantity then they will get product on certain discount amount !

For more reference refer this link - https://docs.magento.com/m1/ce/user_guide/catalog/product-price-tier.html

Hope it helps 

Hi @Manthan Dave

Thank you for your reply! 

I did try that and it does work fine but the issue is that I want to give our customers the optio to be able to purchase 1 product at full price or a set of 5 (bundle buy) ideally where there is a drop down to allow for the full price and the discounted price. Simply to communicate it better and not mess up our stock control at the same time. 

Does it make sense?  

Thank you for your help and look forward to hearing back from you! 

Hi @leya_daccache

Yes It make sense and i understand your point !

But by default magento display 's discount details only - like buy 5 on this much price.

so there is no drop-down natively available - if you want price on dropdown level specifically for this discounted price then you need to customize your magento module - meaning need to create a  custom module for the same !

But i would suggest you to go with existing flow as its also showing for this quantity you will get this product on discounted price , so i think you will not face any issue on that !

Hope you understand !

Hi @Manthan Dave

Thank you for your response and support it is much appreciated.

So you would advise to stick to the tier pricing? In terms of the previous article that you had sent me there was a little message on the left hand side of the listing telling you buy X amount for X% discount - I will assume if we wanted to achieve the same then we would need to get a developer on board to do so for us? 

Appreciated all your support - I am a bit of a newbie and not familiar with every function as of yet Smiley Happy 

Many thanks, 

Leya 

Leya  

Hi @leya_daccache

Yes , you understood correctly !

That's what i am trying to say - stick with tier pricing for that and it will full-fill your requirement !

Thanks for appreciate my answer , Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

Hope it helps