cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set order status to on hold for purchase orders

Set order status to on hold for purchase orders

I would like to make all orders made through a purchase order default status to be on hold.  however, in the admin configuration I only have the option for pending.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Set order status to on hold for purchase orders

@tagteamc Edit app/code/core/Mage/Payment/etc/system.xml file and go to node purchaseorder

Change order_status Source model  system_config_source_order_status_new with "system_config_source_order_status

Refresh Magento's cache and check.

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Thank you for the help.   I have read that best practice is to not directly edit any of Magento's core files.   What would be the best way to create an override?  I am still a little confused on the proper place to put things like this.

Thanks for any help

@tagteamc Yes you are right do not edit Magento core files. However you can copy same file then change. let me help you more.

Create custom extension and copy same system.xml file then change it. make sense ?

Cheers

P.S - PM for quick reply.

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hello @tagteamc

If you do not want to edit Magento core files, there is Store Manager extension that allows you to modify order status from any to any. If you are interested, you can test it free and see how it works reading this article -

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-orders-management/magento-change-order-status-to...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Have you verified that this works? Because it doesn't work in my Magento store on 1.9