cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Roles

SOLVED

Setting Up Roles

Hey Guys,

I am currently setting up a new role in my shop. My goal is to set a restriction on this role to where they cannot adjust pricing. I still want them to be able to view the catalog items. I saw where I can restrict them from viewing the catalog completely but I do not want that. Because this team will be responsible for product description but not pricing. Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setting Up Roles

Hi condairy79,

Out of the box functionality doesn't let you setup permissions on that sort of level (e.g. field by field).

If it was me.. I would create (or see if one exists) a custom module that just allows the user to modify prices.. that way that module can have its own rule setup; and it doesn't get as complicated as creating a finer-grained access control permission module.

Hope this helps.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi condairy79,

Out of the box functionality doesn't let you setup permissions on that sort of level (e.g. field by field).

If it was me.. I would create (or see if one exists) a custom module that just allows the user to modify prices.. that way that module can have its own rule setup; and it doesn't get as complicated as creating a finer-grained access control permission module.

Hope this helps.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Unfortunately it is not as granular as that. There is scope to create a custom product edit page but that is quite a lot of work to do.

www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Thanks for the update. I will be sure to keep a look out on that. Just wanted to set limitations on who can adjust prices but we will make sure that we just let the team know to stay away from the field until I am able to find a solution.

Thanks again!