cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple to configurable product convert

SOLVED

Simple to configurable product convert

Hi, 

Is there any way to convert Simple product to configurable product? I have 3,000 products all should be configurable product. The option I can do it manually. 

For Magento 1.9

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Simple to configurable product convert

Another free option would be to use Magento Import/Export functionality, to export all products into CSV, update product type to the configurable, and then reimport it.

For example, here you have some explanation how to do import/export with Data Profiles:

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/magento-how-to-exportimport-data-in-csv-files.html

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

View solution in original post

As I have already mentioned, you can download tree trial of the app, it is fully-functional for 14 days. So you can convert your products from simple to configurable during this time without any fees.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

By default in Magento 1.x there is no option to change product type after item is created. So if you do not want re-create products with correct types, you can either use some script or extension.

If you are interested in second variant, I can offer you app - Store Manager for Magento that includes functionality to change product type from any to any. Here is the article with video to see how it works in action -
Converting Magento Simple Products into Configurable

The app is paid, however, you can download 2-week fully-functional version from my signature and cope with the task without any fees (no cc or paypay required).

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Another free option would be to use Magento Import/Export functionality, to export all products into CSV, update product type to the configurable, and then reimport it.

For example, here you have some explanation how to do import/export with Data Profiles:

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/magento-how-to-exportimport-data-in-csv-files.html

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Converting Magento Simple Products into Configurable This option It is too expensive, there are people (https://www.fiverr.com/) who adds 2000 products for less money
 then price of Converting Magento Simple Products into Configurable

As I have already mentioned, you can download tree trial of the app, it is fully-functional for 14 days. So you can convert your products from simple to configurable during this time without any fees.

If you are planning to use Simplio online product configurator along with Magento you may want to contact them directly. 

Hi I also have an issue where I need to convert simple products to configurable, I have followed your export/import advise but it didn't work, I change the product name so I could check that the import did upload but the product type stayed as simple?

Please help as I need to do this asap.

Thanks

Hi,

We can help you in this if you need assistance please contact us.