cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State/Province only showing US options when adding new customer address from Admin

SOLVED

State/Province only showing US options when adding new customer address from Admin

Hi everyone.

If you add a New Customer from the Magento Admin, then go to the Addresses tab, the only options showing for the State/Province are the US options. It does not offer the correct State/Province options according to the Country I have selected.

I am forced to select a US State, even if I have entered e.g. Norway as the country.

The same applies if I select a current customer who has no address yet, and I want to fill out the address fields for a new address.

When you select the country, the form doesn't refresh to show the correct drop-down selector for State/Province.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

And if so,,,,,any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks!

Oliver Page

opage@fjsolutions.com.ar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: State/Province only showing US options when adding new customer address from Admin

Hi @samvilla

The states/provinces are loaded in using AJAX when the country dropdown is changed, so the most likely explanation is that an extension is causing a javascript error in your admin area.

Can you view your browser's console on the add address page to see if there are any errors being logged?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: State/Province only showing US options when adding new customer address from Admin

Hi @samvilla

The states/provinces are loaded in using AJAX when the country dropdown is changed, so the most likely explanation is that an extension is causing a javascript error in your admin area.

Can you view your browser's console on the add address page to see if there are any errors being logged?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner