cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

SOLVED

Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

Hello, 

We have come across an issue with the price rules whereby we are giving customers a double discount on some items - We are using the core Magento Tier price rules to give a set price for an item say:

Buy 1 Widget - £10 each

Buy 3 Widgets - £9 each

Buy 6 Widgets - £8 each

We also have a Checkout Promo Rule set up to give the customer a 10% discount if they purchase 3 or more items.

This means that when the customer buys 3 of these, they're getting them for £9 each , but then getting an extra 10% off. 

We want them to just get the tier price with no further discounts, but I can't find a way to stop processing further rules on the tier price settings like you can do on some of the other price settings.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this one! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tier Price and Checkout Promo Rule Creating Double Discount

Hi @samstones,

Ah I see. Do you have a custom module for Promotions > Checkout Promo Rules as this isn't standard Magento? Or do you mean Catalog Price Rules?

In the case of Catalog Price Rules you would need to do this filtering in the Conditions, e.g.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 09.53.21.png

If not, could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing and I may be able to help more Smiley Happy 

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Follow me on twitter:@RebeccaBrocton | wearejh.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @samstones,

As there is no setting on the tier pricing a way to do this would be to restrict the coupon so that it does not apply to your products with tier pricing. 

Do you have a list of SKUs for the products with tier pricing? If so, I would suggest going to your promotion and:

• Under Actions > Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions 
  • If ALL of these conditions are TRUE: SKU (See below image for reference)
  • SKU is not: *Add List of SKUs* 
  • Save

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 12.14.28.png

If SKU is not available to select under then do the following:

• Go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes > SKU
  • Change "Use for Promo Rule Conditions" to "Yes"

You should then have this available to use in the Promotions.

Hope this helps, if not - let me know Smiley Happy 

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. It's a bit messy , but I guess it would work... the only problem I have is that the SKU doesn't show up in the list of available attributes. I have the  "Use for Promo Rule Conditions" to "Yes" but it doesn't show in there. In fact, my list in the drop down is completely different to yours. 

I believe the difference between what I'm seeing and your screen shot is that I'm using the Promotions > Checkout Promo Rules whereas I believe you may be using the Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules?

If there's a way to set up my discount in one of the other discount tools then I'm all ears? 

Hi @samstones,

Ah I see. Do you have a custom module for Promotions > Checkout Promo Rules as this isn't standard Magento? Or do you mean Catalog Price Rules?

In the case of Catalog Price Rules you would need to do this filtering in the Conditions, e.g.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 09.53.21.png

If not, could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing and I may be able to help more Smiley Happy 

Hi, 

Yes, this must be a custom module. I've changed it to use the price rule that you said and we seem to be ok now!

thank you! 

Sam

Awesome news! Glad I could help Smiley Happy