cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction IDs - too high

Transaction IDs - too high

Hi,

I'm trying to do some analysis for a client using magento's web transaction ids. I want to calculate the number of orders by subtracting ids. However it's 50% higher than the google analytics ecommerce numbers.

For what reason would the magento ids be higher than web actual orders.

Thanks
Donal
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Transaction IDs - too high

It is not uncommon for transactions that are reported in the shopping admin panel to be missing from GA. GA is a trend analysis tool, and as such cannot be expected to be 100% accurate.

However, if the variance is greater than 5%, you probably have an issue with the tracking code. This could be for a number of reasons:

• The user who made the transaction had his or her JavaScript turned off
  • The user has left the page before the transaction has had chance to send to Google Analytics

If more than 10% of transactions are missing from GA, then there is likely to be a bigger issue and this should be investigated by running a number of test transactions with a debugger like Fiddler to ensure the right data is sent to Google Analytics every time.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Hi Sinisa

Thanks for your response.  I knew GA was inaccurate but not to that degree. 

Would orders on Amazon, create a Magento transaction id?  If so, it could explain the difference? 

Do cancellations create transaction ids? 

I'm looking for reasons why this number is higher than actual orders.

Thanks

Donal

If the database is clustered, ids will be skipped depending on which nodes are doing the writing to the database. Are the ids sequential otherwise?

Interesting suggestion, but it’s not clustered.  The ids look sequential, but 50% too high.