cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactional Email

Transactional Email

Transactional Emails are not sending from a client's website. 

Problem Symptoms:

New Customer emails are sending.  Password Reset emails are sending. New Order Emails are not sending.  

Here's what I've done so far.

Created new "New Order Email" template.  Assigned the new template.  Retested - nothing.

Interesting Issue:

When I go to System > Transactional Emails, there are no templates other than the new ones I've created.  When I look in the files on the server (app/locale/en_US/template/email/) the templates are all there, but are not displaying in the backend.  I'm guessing this may be part of the issue.

Can anyone give me some direction?  

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Transactional Email

2016-02-02T17:04:56+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: Themevast_Relatedslider_Block_Page_Html_Head' in /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/Mage.php:595
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(495): Mage::throwException('Invalid block t...')
#1 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_getBlockInstance('relatedslider/p...', Array)
#2 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(472): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock('relatedslider/p...', 'themevast_relat...')
#3 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(239): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock('relatedslider/p...', 'themevast_relat...')
#4 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(205): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#5 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(210): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(344): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#7 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(113): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#8 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'no-route')
#9 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(75): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'no-route')
#10 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Cms_IndexController->noRouteAction()
#11 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('noRoute')
#12 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#16 {main}
2016-02-02T17:05:32+00:00 ERR (3):
exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Invalid block type: Themevast_Relatedslider_Block_Page_Html_Head' in /home2/demolit7/public_html/store/app/Mage.php:595

I have the same problem , did u get a solution ? 

Hi @lamakheireddine,

I guess you're showing two different issues.

1) Themevast_Relatedslider_Block_Page_Html_Head is not a valid block type

It seesm your theme is trying to use an invalid block. Take a look to your layout files in order to find where taht block is called and fix the reference.

2) Order email wasn't sent

Can you confirm which payment method are you using?

Normally you should be able to find an excpetion message when the email can't be sent becasue some SMTP issue.

Sometimes the payment methdos can block the success and avoid the email send action.

Also, which version are you using? Is your cron (and email queue) working properly?

Can you lease scepicify the location of each file to check them?

Sorry but I don't know your theme.

Take a look at:

/path/to/magento/root/directory/app/design/frontend/YOUR_PACKAGE/YOUR_THEME/layout/

There you'll find (or you should) several xml files. I guess I will start there looking for that block definition.