cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to V1.9 and configurable products

SOLVED

Upgrading to V1.9 and configurable products

Hi, 

I am looking to upgrade to V1.9 and I currently have a lot of Configurable products using two options size and colour. 

I also use a colour pallet extension.

Will I need to uninstall the pallet extension and then re-configure for all the options? Using magento's new Colour pallet function?

Or would it just be the case of change the current options to the colour that is required? 

So basically everything remains the same, I will just need to give the colour options a colour, as I have uninstalled the plugin?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgrading to V1.9 and configurable products

Hi,

I'm assuming your referring to the color swatches feature in Magento 1.9?

Upgrading to 1.9 shouldn't affect the extension so long as it supports it... it should continue to work alongside magentos configurable color swatches.

My best advice would be to upgrade it on a development server first and see how it work / have a play around. Magentos implemtation of swatches may not match what you currently have/require.

Let us know how it goes.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

Again; your best bet would be to install it on some development server or locally if possible.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I'm assuming your referring to the color swatches feature in Magento 1.9?

Upgrading to 1.9 shouldn't affect the extension so long as it supports it... it should continue to work alongside magentos configurable color swatches.

My best advice would be to upgrade it on a development server first and see how it work / have a play around. Magentos implemtation of swatches may not match what you currently have/require.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, 

Yes and thanks for the answer. 

Is there somewhere I can view and test Magento's Colour Swatch solution?

Cheers

Again; your best bet would be to install it on some development server or locally if possible.