cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer group special price is removed at checkout

SOLVED

customer group special price is removed at checkout

The site I'm looking after has a number of products which are offered at a special price for logged in customers within a certain customer group. When the products are added to the shopping basket they revert to being full price. Can anybody please explain why this is and point me in the right direction to resolve this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: customer group special price is removed at checkout

Update - Problem solved. I found somebody asking a similar question on a different forum and their solution was to offer the group price to all customer groups and then remove it from those groups that shouldn't have had it. Despite there being no logic to this, it worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I would suggest using:

1. "Promotions" ->
  2. "Catalog Price Rule" ->
  3. "Add New Rule" in Magento administration panel,

there you can select customer group, date from when to when the discount applies and can make BIG conditions filter which the customer will have to satisfy to get that customer group special price. At this "conditions" stage you choose "name filter" and specify "the product name" to which this promotion rule will apply, as well can add some other matching that product only criteria to make sure this rule stays only on that product. And that's it.

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

Thank you but there doesn't seem to be an option for selecting specific products, only to select the category that they belong in and apply a discount to all products in that category. The system of providing special group prices for individual products in the catalog makes sense but I'm just not sure why the shopping cart removes them. I can't tell if I've missed a step in the process or if it's a bug.

Update - Problem solved. I found somebody asking a similar question on a different forum and their solution was to offer the group price to all customer groups and then remove it from those groups that shouldn't have had it. Despite there being no logic to this, it worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help.