cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting USPS API to return commercial (online) rates instead of retail rates

getting USPS API to return commercial (online) rates instead of retail rates

I'm using the USPS API and it works fine in giving the retail rates, but I want it to provide the commercial (online) rates. So far in my research (as a non-programer) it seems to me that magento passes XML variable "service" such as <Service>PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS</Service> to the USPS and gets the rates back. The services listed in this user guide https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/rate-calculator-api.pdf list most of the service variables as as having a regular and commercial version:

whiteSpace=collapse enumeration=
 First Class
 First Class Commercial
 First Class HFP Commercial
 Priority
 Priority Commercial
 Priority Cpp
 Priority HFP Commercial
 Priority HFP Cpp
 Priority Mail Express
 Priority Mail Express Commercial

etc.

However the configuration settings in Magento under shipping methods>USPS>allowed methods show no services with "commercial" appended as in the USPS pdf.

I would hope there is a setting somewhere in Magento that tells it to return commercial rates, or perhaps one would need to do some hacking.  Anyone?

1 REPLY 1

Re: getting USPS API to return commercial (online) rates instead of retail rates

Has anyone figured this out?  I've been led to believe by the Magento Shipping Extension folks at WebShopApps that it is tied to the Service Request "ALL" (vs "ONLINE").   What Magento module contains the Service Request?  I want to see if "ALL" is hardcoded.