cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Bluehost Cron Job Problem

SOLVED

About Bluehost Cron Job Problem

Hi, I am from China, I got a problem with bluehost VPS, I use magento 1.9.2.2, I create a cron job on Cpanel: 

php /home/user name/public_html/cron.php

It was working well before, but when I install SSL certificate, redirect http: to https:,

it can't work any more, I try to find solution for many days, but still can't get right solution, 

is anyone meet the same problem or anyone know how to fix this problem, please help me, thank you very much.

Best regards,

Mr. Wu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: About Bluehost Cron Job Problem

@wuguangyanThis is definitely not SSL issue. How do you know your cron is not working? Did you check the cron schedule database table? Try to hit the cron from command line. If there is an issue you'll be able to see on command line. Log on to the server and run the cron from command line.

Problem solved? Please give Kudo and accept answer as solution.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@wuguangyanThis is definitely not SSL issue. How do you know your cron is not working? Did you check the cron schedule database table? Try to hit the cron from command line. If there is an issue you'll be able to see on command line. Log on to the server and run the cron from command line.

Problem solved? Please give Kudo and accept answer as solution.

- Tarandeep

Hi @wuguangyan,

Also, maybe is a better idea to create a crontab entry that use the cron.sh instead the cron.php file.

As @Tarandeep Singh said, take a look to the cron_schedule table on your database to be sure your cron is (or isn't) working.

You can try to execute:

php cron.php

If there is a major problem maybe you'll get a message on your console.

Hi, thanks for your information, I think I need to check by myself, I am not good at this, my Chinese Bluehost provider told me that the cron job isn't work,  I will check by myself, thanks.

@wuguangyanCan you please select one of the answer as Solution to close the thread.

Please also give Kudos to appreciate the efforts we put in respond the questions.

Thank you!

- Tarandeep