cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ajax Slow performance

Ajax Slow performance

I am having trouble with ajax add to cart

on category pages it flies, about 2 seconds to add to cart, but on the actual product page it takes 6-11 seconds, whihc is really really slow. are there any ways to speed this up and what could the problem be?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ajax Slow performance

If you are not already, caching the cart and checkout pages should greatly increase the load times. If you are already caching both try clearing it to see if there are any issues with the cache.

In most cases the slow cart/adding can be resolved in some way via cache.

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

What caching system you use? Like Redis or Varnish etc.

Hello AdilZarnosh,

Where you able to get this figured out? I have been watching this thread for responses to see if I can help any further.

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

If you are using any Magento ajax add to cart extension, it seems there is something wrong with the extension. The extension works well on category pages but is slow on product pages. For this you can either contact the support team of the extension developers and see if they can get it resolved for you. OR you can try an extension from another company. The one I recommend is FME extensions as their extensions are high quality and the support team is excellent. 

Their Magento ajax add to cart extension will allow you to add products to cart without refreshing the page from both category as well as product pages. You can view the products added and also edit the product's description. Click the following link for more features.

https://marketplace.magento.com/fme-ajax-add-to-cart.html