cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Magento require Apache and MySQL restart in some conditions?

SOLVED

Does Magento require Apache and MySQL restart in some conditions?

Hello, I am new to Magento and my question is:-
Does Magento require Apache and MySQL server restart in some conditions?
I hosted my site in shared hosting plan, and they won't allow Apache and MySQL restart.
If Magento requires Apache or MySQL restart in some conditions, should I consider upgrading to VPS hosting ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Magento require Apache and MySQL restart in some conditions?

No, Apache and MySQL restart is not required if the server environment is setup properly.

If the server environment is not setup properly for Magento, you are at the wrong host and if you go with a provider with server environment that's tuned for Magento, you still do not need to restart Apache and MySQL yourself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

No, Apache and MySQL restart is not required if the server environment is setup properly.

If the server environment is not setup properly for Magento, you are at the wrong host and if you go with a provider with server environment that's tuned for Magento, you still do not need to restart Apache and MySQL yourself.

Actually, I have a backup restoration problem.
Through cPanel I have taken three backups (i) Home Directory (ii) MySQL Database (iii) Email Forwarders & Filters.
I restored all the three backups provided by cPanel. But, site is not working.
Error log says
"PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 499654656) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in phar:///opt/cpanel/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/RuleSetGenerator.php on line 126
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found"
When I googled this issue, I saw some suggestions to restart Apache server, which is not possible in shared hosting.

When I try to open my site, it says:-
"There has been an error processing your request
Warning: SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php70/sess_tlu7btdpc5hi481r6bm0ufiqd3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/suleasyq/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler/Native.php on line 22"

To be honest I wouldn't recommend that you take the advice about restarting the Apache web server as they will most likely not resolve the issue. Most users who gives advice like that doesn't know what they are doing and they may just be lucky that something else they did resolved the problem while they were restarting the web server. 

Regarding the Out of Memory error, you may need to increase your PHP Memory_Limit beyond 500MB (as 499654656 bytes = 499+MB) as it seem like whatever number you set isn't enough. 

Once that is increased, see if the Out of Memory error is resolved. If it is, then move on to the next problem or see if the other problems are resolved along with it. 

No if the server environment is proper than there is no need to restart the Apache and MySQL.

Regards,

Mauly 

BDE

Bytes Technolab.

www.bytestechnolab.com