cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Magento Hosting

Free Magento Hosting

Hi,

I have found a company that have free 12 months magento hosting, to be honest the package they offer is pretty much the same as my current hosting company but with the cost save and other issues I am thinking of moving over. The issue I have though is that if I move hosting compies would I still the keep the orders in admin I have already and would this effect things like google ranking etc? basiclay is it worth the hassle? 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Free Magento Hosting

i dont see a reason to move to free hosting, unless your business has no profit at all, and you keep your shop just as a toy for a weekends...

with the wrong approach you will have more problems than you think, especially if you are trying to save money...

usually with the hosting you have to plan before you install your shop.

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Never using free hosting for magento. It will never work. It just take your time and money.

Most free webhosting companies don't care about your business and will drop you as soon as it starts costing them too much money.

As per the other advice above don't move to free webhosting in order to reduce costs, instead consider reducing your current hosting to a smaller package and optimizing your code / disabling modules not needed.

--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

can you give me that company's name?

i want free hosting for my ecommerce website

@chintankan wrote:

can you give me that company's name?

i want free hosting for my ecommerce website

This thread is from 2+ years ago so I doubt that the offer still exist today. 

Once again it is never advisable to go for a free hosting service especially for an eCommerce store not just because of performance and uptime but also security. You will never know if your free hosting provider is taking good care of the server security which is very important in an eCommerce store that deals with customer details and payment data. 

Don't ever try Free hosting to host your Magento theme if you want to start a serious business. Free theme does'nt have enough resource to handle request to a Magento store and you will encounter downtime when the number of concurrent request increase.

I suggest to use Nexcess, SiteGround, Aspiration hosting if you want to look for affordable Magento hosting.

The best option is to don't choose free hosting. Downtime leads to poor performance of your website, server errors and the waste of time. There are many hosting providers in the market providing plans according to requirements at affordable prices.

Choosing a free hosting service, particularly for an eCommerce store, is generally not recommended. This is primarily due to concerns about performance, uptime, and security. When running an eCommerce store, it is crucial to prioritize server security to protect customer information and payment data. Free hosting providers may not offer robust security measures, and it's challenging to determine if they are adequately safeguarding your website. Therefore, it's advisable to opt for a reputable managed Magento hosting provider that specializes in eCommerce hosting to ensure reliable performance and strong security measures.