cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting server migration issue

SOLVED

Hosting server migration issue

Hello everyone,

I migrated my magento to another server and  I have these messages http://new.cavaarion.gr/

I changed the local.xml with db details from etc/ and the db urls to my new ones...but I have these matters...

what can i do?

thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hosting server migration issue

@mitzelaki This is definetelly due to database connection. Your steps are correct to change DB detail into local.xml file, before that on your migrated server have you create new Database and assign user to that newly created Database ? Do make sure you have give all privileges to newly created DB.

Yes you also need to change URL into core_config_data table.

Good luck 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Hello!Thank you for your response..yes I have a new role and pass to my new database...as for the privileges what do you mean?can i assign them from phpmyadmin or somewhere in magento (I am front-end dev so with this stuff I dont have a lot of exp)

thank you in advance!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@mitzelaki This is definetelly due to database connection. Your steps are correct to change DB detail into local.xml file, before that on your migrated server have you create new Database and assign user to that newly created Database ? Do make sure you have give all privileges to newly created DB.

Yes you also need to change URL into core_config_data table.

Good luck 

-

Hello!Thank you for your response..yes I have a new role and pass to my new database...as for the privileges what do you mean?can i assign them from phpmyadmin or somewhere in magento (I am front-end dev so with this stuff I dont have a lot of exp)

thank you in advance!

@mitzelaki You can assign privileges from Cpanel Or SSH to database user.

-