cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to speed up Magento(1.7) Backend

How to speed up Magento(1.7) Backend

Hi everyone,

I have a Magento site, It's backend is very slow.

We have APC installed. Then also it is very slow.

How to make it faster?

We have AheadWorks followup extension installed. The Email log contains nearly 100K records. That email log takes 10mins to load in the backend. Our stack holders don't want to cleanup the records.

Any way out to make the backend faster??

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: How to speed up Magento(1.7) Backend

What hosting are you running on?

Can the server hardware handle the huge number of records in your email log? Installing APC will notmiraculously improve the loading speed especially for the backend if you have a lot of records and the server cannot keep up. 

Hi girish

Is it only this view that is slow?

Where is the log stored? (Eg: txt file, database etc.)

If it is stored in the database, are you not using magentos grid system to display it? That should reduce the load a bit, and if it doesn't you might be able to fix this by running an optimisation on the table in question.

I hope this helps

please provide more technical details,

and what response you got from AheadWorks? etc

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

Hello,

Not sure why APC is not working up to the mark, 

There are few things which you can consider.

1. Hosting Provider

2. Database cleanup (https://docs.nexcess.net/article/magento-database-maintenance.html)

3. Using FPC extension (we have also developed our own)

4. Perform other optimization tips, https://docs.nexcess.net/article/optimizing-magento-performance.html

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

I would suggest that you take a loo at   Magento White Papers  before trying any other optimize extension as this should not be necessary if your server and installation is done right.

This might be diffucult to understand, but its wurth your time reading, then you see different kind of solution regarding if the bottleneck is with the DB, Page it self or Server.  

In anyway using a extension to get a page to work better in performence would only make the Webpage to handle one or more task.. and can also then do the page more slower.

if you are using php-fpm then you can enable the slow log and also mysql-slow log to see which call taking too much time. 

Also check the php error log and exception log in magento. Sometimes it could be because of a background slow webservice call.

Also its always adviced to clean up log tables periodically and also archive you logs.

If this doesn't helps, please provide how many skus are there in your installation, where are you storing sessions etc.

Hi @Girish SH 

You can run mysql query to clean up your site

TRUNCATE `log_customer`;
TRUNCATE `log_quote`;
TRUNCATE `log_summary`;
TRUNCATE `log_summary_type`;
TRUNCATE `log_url`;
TRUNCATE `log_url_info`;
TRUNCATE `log_visitor`;
TRUNCATE `log_visitor_info`;
TRUNCATE `log_visitor_online`;
TRUNCATE `core_session`;

You can use clean up script to clean your store: bitbucket.org/snippets/magegiant/dB4j
Awesome One Step Checkout extension for your online store

I followed http://www.gxjansen.com/101-ways-to-speed-up-your-magento-e-commerce-website/.

Its really improved peformace of my magento store.