cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Cloud VPS robust enough for 1400 transactions and 30K visitors per month?

SOLVED

Is this Cloud VPS robust enough for 1400 transactions and 30K visitors per month?

Greetings, I am migrating a client's ecommerce sites from osCommerce to Magento CE and wondering if the CVPS1 from Site5 here will give us the performance necessary. 

There are two stores with approximately 2,500 items each. Combined they process about 1400 orders per month coming from 700-1000 visitors per day.

I'm looing at Site5's 2 core Cloud VPS with 768MB of RAM with RAID 10 and 1GBps. I have 40+ non-Magento sites running on Site5 servers and have been very pleased with their uptime and service.

I appreciate your comments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is this Cloud VPS robust enough for 1400 transactions and 30K visitors per month?

Taking a look at that VPS, your biggest bottleneck will be the low amount of RAM as 768MB is simply not enough to power even a small Magento store, let alone two stores with thousands of products. The hosting control panel (cPanel/WHM) itself would already consume quite a sizable portion of your total RAM so there will be not enough of memory for your Magento stores. 

With the size of your store and number of products, I'll suggest at least 2GB of RAM for optimal performance. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is this Cloud VPS robust enough for 1400 transactions and 30K visitors per month?

Taking a look at that VPS, your biggest bottleneck will be the low amount of RAM as 768MB is simply not enough to power even a small Magento store, let alone two stores with thousands of products. The hosting control panel (cPanel/WHM) itself would already consume quite a sizable portion of your total RAM so there will be not enough of memory for your Magento stores. 

With the size of your store and number of products, I'll suggest at least 2GB of RAM for optimal performance. 

Thanks for your reply. I should probably be looking at Magento optimized hosting. << Snipped >>

I've removed your email address to prevent a huge amount of unsolicited emails from going your way. Smiley Wink

Anyway if you have any questions for any providers including us, please do contact the provider directly. Smiley Happy

1k transactions per month and 1K visitors per day

ok, 1k visitors per day - it is about dead shop... just take a calculator and see yourself. if 1400 transactions, you mean checkouts per month as well, then you dont need any special hosting provider or server, so average VPS will do its work just fine.

you just need more RAM to keep database and for php. if there is an empty server without any cPanel trash. you can use RAID 10 swap image to increase your RAM kinda capacity, i would say 1Gb or 2Gb more Smiley Happy 

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

according to my experience, I recommend using a VPS with 1GB + RAM and 2+ CPU cores for handle a Magento store with 1000 daily visits