cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.8 increase CPU system usage until delete cache folders

Magento 1.9.3.8 increase CPU system usage until delete cache folders

I'm having an issue with ours Mangento store.

I had to insert on crontab a script do clear the cache files each hour.

rm -fr /var/www/clients/client0/web15/web/var/cache/*

It's not the best way but when I tried to remove it, the system CPU started to increase and when it reaches about 20% our store is so slow that it's impossible to use it.

It's a big server with more than 164Gb of RAM, SSD, 40 Processors, it's not a hardware issue.

iowat time and cpu iowait are normal.

The time it takes to reach 20% is max 2.5 hours.

When I run rm -rf on magento's cache folder, in 1 minutos everything goes fine and cpu system downs to 3% instead of 20% when the store goes in problem.

magento1.jpg

A Point -> the script to delete cache runs on cron each hour from 04:00 to 11:00 AM and stops to test CPU system until 14:00 when starts again to 23:00

B Point -> before 14:00 I had to manually delete cache because CPU system reached 20% and users started to complain.

I saw someone already complain about this issue:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/183384/magento-increase-cpu-system-usage-after-1-7-0-2-update-to-1-9-3-3

I want to have the cache ok for the use it was created and keep deleting it is not the right way.

Anyone faced with this problem ?

Any clue to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance !

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 1.9.3.8 increase CPU system usage until delete cache folders

What caching system do you run? Do you only use Magento's built-in caching? 

The latest version for the Magento 1.9 branch is 1.9.4.5 so your version of 1.9.3.8 is quite old now. 

You'll also want to consider rebuilding your site with Magento 2 now that Magento 1 has reaches End of Life with no further support or updates (including security updates).